That Grand Symphony

Those cheerful calls from winged flight
To cacophony of insects both high and low
That Grand Symphony of music to hear
Listen, deeply listen to that good land

Summer sun through winter freeze
Then back again the songs sing
By winged cherubim and more
The land, the lands sings ever on

Not just heartbeats that add to songs
Winds pass through the green leaves
Of cottonwoods, maple and mighty oaks
The wind, gentle or strong blows on

The hill slopes shifting the tall grass
Swaying rolling waves of straw
The background rhythm to it all
Listen, so very deeply to the wind songs

Who conducts the orchestra?
The composer of the chorus grand
And ever-changing members on stage
To honor the listener of that good land

If you listen, do you hear?
From fields of grassland to covered hills
Autumn colors from treed valleys
That Grand Symphony echoes on
Linked to Poets and Storytellers United: Writers’ Pantry #14: “silence is not a natural environment for stories”

18 comments:

  1. Glorious music! Reminds me of a line from a hymn I learned as a child: "All nature sings and round me rings the music of the spheres." You've captured that music to share with us. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MMT. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Nature sings into blood and bone and soul. And that song fills everything and everyone open to its tune. My ear--and heart--are listening... and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this especially; "Not just heartbeats that add to songs/Winds pass through the green leaves/Of cottonwoods, maple and mighty oaks."💝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked this, Sanaa. I appreciate this and thank you.

      Delete
  4. And grand words for the symphony, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am blown away. THIS IS POETRY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once in a while lightning strikes. Thank you, Wendy. I'm glad you liked this.

      Delete
  6. Love to listen to the great symphony and your poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought each of us could use our imagination to create our own symphony of nature this time. I'm glad you liked this and thank you, Marja.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary. I will have to record the symphony someday to share.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I almost added a video and I'm now glad that each of us had a chance to imagine it on our own. Thanks, Kim. I'm glad you liked this.

      Delete
  9. Nature can sing its way into my soul when I have locked every door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could open the windows (just a crack). I'd rather spend a day among the trees than in the office. Thank you, Susie. I'm glad you liked this.

      Delete

And this started with...

Faoin Scáth - Under the Shade

Faoin Scáth - Under the Shade ...and one day as you sit under the shade of the red oak tree hold a book of verse or short stories to...

Maybe you'll like: