I saw the wind

I saw the wind
not the golden wheat swaying in waves
across northern fields of summer
though the corn bends to its will
in curved rows between the fence lines

I saw the wind
the wind that caused the trees to sway
that gave rise to the vulture's soar
the wind itself, I gazed upon and understood

Creator gave the sight that day
to see the wind that flowed as music
the tempo
the tones
flowing down the valley near
across the sky
to deliver me that sight
of unknown beauty
or boundless rage unleashed
on that breath on blessed earth.

I saw
the swirls of colors in my outstretched arms
to lift my spirit from within
to glide as that lone eagle
and kiss the moon in day's reflective light

As now I open my eyes
to my feet planted in stone
I ask of my Creator
to see the wind again.

Another dream that came to me a while ago. There was no "enhancements" to create this imagery, just an imagination of sorts.

As the eagle kissed the moon...(Picture taken at the Stranded Tree Farm)
Posted at Poets and Storytellers United:Weekly Scribblings #28: Seeing Things

18 comments:

  1. Now you know what Van Gogh saw! (Smile.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picture it now as I laugh at the thought. Thank you for that, Rosemary.

      Delete
  2. Lovely!! thank you for sharing your dream Joel
    Happy Wednesday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this, Gillena. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your wind poem, Joel, especially the image of a vulture soaring
    the wind itself, and the lines:
    ‘to see the wind that flowed as music
    the tempo
    the tones
    flowing down the valley near
    across the sky’.
    A lovely way to look at things that most people think are invisble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have work to do, I could watch the turkey vultures ride the updrafts and circle through the sky all day.
      I have unusual dreams once in a while and I'm glad you like this. Thank you, Kim.

      Delete
  4. I love the comparison of wind to music. Both usually unseen, but most assuredly felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that thought, Rommy - "Both usually unseen, but most assuredly felt." There is truth in those words.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  5. What a magnificent dream, and how beautifully related. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverly. I'm glad you like this. Your words are appreciated.

      Delete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!💝 I love; "Creator gave the sight that day to see the wind that flowed as music,the tempo
    the tones flowing down the valley near across the sky to deliver me that sight."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Sanaa. I'm glad you like this. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. What a delight to read this beautiful poem; I enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. Knowing that you enjoyed this is rewarding.

      Delete
  8. Lovely. This gave an amazing image of more-than-sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrissa. I'm glad you liked this and I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  9. Oooh, wow! This is magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna. Dreams can kind of sneak up on us once in a while like that, don't they?

      Delete

And this started with...

Faoin Scáth - Under the Shade

Faoin Scáth - Under the Shade ...and one day as you sit under the shade of the red oak tree hold a book of verse or short stories to...

Maybe you'll like: