Fog on the road

 

The path is not always clear

Why is the biggest hurdle in the mind?
that quiet voice that casts shadows of doubt
thriving in the fog of uncertainty
hiding the road we must travel upon

Will the battle rage forever?
as I take up arms against this foe
this manufactured mire of my creation
the lost faith of the beginning

Did I hear that whispered voice?
those words that said, "forge on"
the sunrise crests the top of the hill
promises one day closer home 

Even in rain, the sun may shine

Spring 2021 holds some promise but offers frustration. In other words, a typical year.

Linked to Poets and Storytellers United: Writers' Pantry 61: It's Been a Year

11 comments:

  1. Fog on the road is an apt title for your poem ... I also see snow on both sides. Be safe, travel well. Spring is just around the corner, promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen. We've had some good spring days and the snow is almost gone.

      Delete
  2. It takes a lot of courage to move through fog like that. I've had my own journeys where I didn't know what was waiting on the other side of the fog...only that I had to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rommy. This is true and I'm glad you kept going. Where would we be if we never moved forward?

      Delete
  3. Foggy roads! I remember them well from when I lived on a rural property for four years, and sometimes had to drive through thick fog – at night, moreover. A telling metaphor indeed. I do recall that as I kept going I could always see the tiny bit of road immediately ahead, and that was enough to tell me I was still on the right track. I hope that works metaphorically too! Really there was only one road home – and I see you refer to 'the road we must travel'. If the only other choice is to stop travelling....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this sparked a few memories. We are each on our own road and there is only one direction we can go since stagnation is not an option, eh?

      Delete
  4. Nice lift of that fog on the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fog in that picture covered the entire river valley. It was too interesting to ignore.
      Thanks, Colleen

      Delete
  5. i like the optimistic tone of the poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is how I remind myself, Cheong Lee san. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

And this started with...

Faoin Scáth - Under the Shade

Faoin Scáth - Under the Shade ...and one day as you sit under the shade of the red oak tree hold a book of verse or short stories to...

Maybe you'll like: